How Energy-Efficient Windows Can Save You Money
You’ve likely heard something about energy-efficient appliances and other household items being able to save you money, but is this really true and how much can you actually save? Your home uses electricity in a lot of ways, so cutting down in certain areas can really lower your utility bills each month.
One popular way to save money is with a programmable thermostat so you aren’t running your heating or cooling system while nobody is home. Another way to save money is with energy-efficient lighting. One sometimes overlooked way to make your home more energy-efficient is with new windows. Windows can allow the air from your home to escape, even when they are closed. Most homeowners have no idea how much money they are wasting every year with poor quality windows.
Check out the cold, hard facts about how much energy-efficient windows could be saving you:
- Installing exterior Low-E storm windows can save 12 to 33% annually on heating and cooling bills for an average annual savings of $100 to $274
- Weatherstrip double-hung windows can save you 5 to 10% annually on heating and cooling bills for an average annual savings of $42 to $83
- ENERGY STAR qualified windows can save you $126 to $465 a year when replacing single-pane windows
- ENERGY STAR qualified windows can save you $27 to $111 a year over double-pane, clear glass replacement windows
- ENERGY STAR windows will save you an average of $186 per year in Florida over single-paned and $111 per year over double-paned, clear glass
New energy-efficient windows may even qualify you for a tax credit to save even more money. In addition to protecting you from losing money, Alufab USA can install impact resistant and hurricane proof windows and doors on your home. Give us a call today at 239-226-4872 to learn more.